Us

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Life of Thanksgiving!!!

We were very happy to celebrate Grandma's birthday this year on Thanksgiving!  She has been a wonderful influence on me and a blessing to everyone she meets.  I have always said that if I could be half the woman she is I would be complete!  She is not as strong as she once was and needs a lot more help getting around these days but she still lights up a room and we love her and cherish every moment we get with her.  Grandma has always been the center of our whole family, She is a Godly woman and lives out his love daily.   She has always set a wonderful example of what A life of Thanksgiving looked like.  She has never forgotten to be thankful for anything and is quick to remind you that in all things and situations God has control and that we should be thankful.  She will tell you how much she misses Grandpa, she will see him again in Heaven when the good Lord calls her home but she will also tell you that she is thankful for what time on earth she had with him.  She has never said she got cheated when he left her early, even if we all feel that way for her.  She will tell you that taking care of ailing parents was not easy at times but she will never tell you she would have changed it because she knows that too was a blessing and something to be thankful for, because of the wonderful friends she made in the process.  She would never tell you that one of those friends life was made better because she had my grandma.  No my grandma never takes glory she only tells you how thankful she is for every challenge, obstacle and blessing in her life, and how blessed she is to have all of us, 4 wonderful Daughters, 2 son in laws, 1 Foster son,  13 Grand Children 11 grandchildren in laws, 31 great grand children, and 1 Great Great grand son!  That my friends is a lot to be thankful for!  I will never be able to repay her for all that she has done for me because she has no idea the influence she has had on me as a woman, wife, or mother.  I don't know how many more years we will have with her But one thing I do know is how very thankful God chose her to be my grandma, and how precious every moment I spend with her is to me!!!  
FL Cristen, Shania, Me, Taylor BL My mom and Grandma!  I have lots more pics but today this is the only one I could get to load.  

No comments:

Post a Comment