Us

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NEW

After some much needed time off with family I think  KNOW I am ready for a NEW year.  We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with all of our children.  Christmas breaks are normally my favorite time of year, I bake, decorate, and "Martha Stewart" everything....but this year was different.  I missed my extended family, more so this year, mostly because my sis is going through a really rough time and I just wish I could help her and her kids.  I pray daily for them, but I am a fixer by nature and struggle often with letting God fix things.  So needless to say I was a little lot less merry.  I'm not sorry for it, I am just sad that I let myself get that way, when all I had to do was let God be in control, and yet once again I was stubborn and couldn't just "give" it to him.  Which is one of the many NEW things I am working on this NEW year.

I don't really make resolutions, more like plans.  I don't just say I'm gonna lose 15 pounds this year.... I actually write down how I am gonna lose 15 pounds this year...step by step, so when I lose sight of that goal I can look back at my plan see where I got off track and what went wrong and fix it.  (that fix it thing again)  I found out a long time ago this way worked better for me.....it isn't perfect but I try much harder if I write things down, and so does my family.  I sat down and wrote out 25 things I wanted to do this year (this is not the plan, more of the brainstorm before the plan was written) some are personal, some are business related and some are just crazy things on my Bucket list.

1.  Grow closer to God.   (always a priority)
2.  Be more organized.  (OCD)
3.  Be on time (no matter how early I start....always running behind)
4.  Get Dave Ramsey serious about the debt!!!!!  (we got lazy last year and are really freaked out about it)
5.  Lose the weight.  65 pounds  61 pounds  (been a long time coming but I am working on it daily)
6.  Get teeth fixed ($$)
7.  Get in shape.  (gotta happen if I want to make #5 a reality)
8.  fix hair and wear make-up at least twice a week even if I'm not leaving the house.  (never have worn make up much but am getting older and I need it more)
9.  drink more water and less coffee
10 Climb Sears Tower
11  eat breakfast everyday and Take a multivitamin
12  Use coupons
13  go to garden of the Gods and hike
14  get my Firearms owners Identification card
15.  go turkey hunting with my son
16  Make the deans list
17   Log at least 20 hours per week on Business  (since this has always beena  hobby it is alot harder than you might think as are the next 2)
18   Log all business purchases
19  Log all business sales/loss
20  Make a "new" item every day (this is easy if I don't have to do bunches of house work)
21  Add a new person to Cristel Dezynz boutique every day
22  list 11 items to etsy, ebay or artfire per month for 11 months
23  do 11 craft shows in 2011 (1st one scheduled for Feb 12th @ the community center, it's Relay for life)
24  Go on a date with my husband 11 times in 2011 (real dates not trips to Wal Mart, or the grocery store)  and 11 separate dates with each of my 3 children (there date w/ me can be to Wal Mart or the grocery store)
25  Go somewhere I have never been before on Vacation.  (even if it is a mini vacation)


I will update on the PLAN for each of these becoming a reality in future posts....I added a 26 and will show you the plan as this week takes shape!

Happy MLK day to you all and I hope you are off to a running start on a NEW year, NEW you!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment